Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cue Sentimental Mom Music...

With Little Spaghetti's first birthday party just days away (are you sick of hearing me talk about it yet?), I was working this morning on a "Happy Birthday Banner."  I ran out of brads, and when I looked at where I was, I thought to myself, "This is the banner I needed on this day last year!"

And then it hit me: My baby is one year old.  Or just about.  I know this is so cliche to say, but I cannot believe how fast this time has gone.  My baby isn't really a baby any more.

I'd been planning to use this week to blog about Little Spaghetti's entry into this world and first few weeks of life, but I've simply run out of time.  Oh well, there's always next week (I may even get brave enough to share the birth story...).

So, all I have for you today is a look back, from last year to this year:


 Here are a few others from yesterday's photo shoot, just because they make me smile:


And now, the sentimental mom music I promised you:

"I hope you Dance" by Lee Ann Womack (or if you're in the mood for funny instead of tear-jerking, check out Momisms by Anita Renfroe).

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder

You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger


May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed

I hope you still feel small
When you stand beside the ocean


Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens


Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance


I hope you dance


I love you, my sweet baby boy.

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing what a difference a year can make? Time passes too quickly. I just want to hit the pause button.

    (My old little man is having his fourth birthday party on Saturday. I'm not sure how he got so big...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness. Those pictures you shared with us were just precious. I laughed at the one in the fridge! Too funny :) and I LOVE his little plaid overalls.

    And you're right, cliche or not, the time passes SO fast. The birthday banner you're making is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and ps - I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely amazing how fast time goes when you have a child. I think I'm going to blink and be 95. It's really crazy. Adorable pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww early Happy Birthday little guy!! I know what you mean by Time going fast! feels like I just had my first little guy W and now he is almost 3! cherish every moment big or small!

    AND

    I am awarding you with the Stylish blogger award check out what you gotta do on my Blog post :)
    http://wildflowerlsblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/7-facts.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. @K: Happy Birthday to your son! Hope your party was great!

    @Adriana: Thank you!

    @Megan: Thanks! This birthday has totally inspired me to be crafty. I can't wait to share all the photos soon. And thanks for following!

    @Unglamorous: I'm convinced that having a child truly does speed up time.

    @Jenae: Thank you so much! I feel so honored :) Now that the party's behind me, I'll check it out and figure out what I need to do. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete