While I love parties, I don't love spending a ton of money on something that goes by in a flash. So, I'm taking on quite a few DIY craft projects to pull together a (hopefully) amazing party on a fairly small budget. Over the next few weeks, I hope to share lots of my projects with you.
The first project is a Balloon Wreath. Balloons scream "birthday" to me, so when I saw this on How Does She?, I decided I had to give it a try. I made a few changes as I went along, so here's my step-by-step.
1. Gather your supplies:
- A straw wreath (sorry, I didn't get a picture, but you can see it below). Keep the plastic wrap on.
- Balloons in whatever color you choose. I really like the multicolored wreaths, but I chose to use my the theme colors
- Floral pins (Walmart sells packs of 100 for $1 in the floral/crafts section).
3. Push your pin all the way into the wreath, securing the balloon(s) tightly. And repeat...
4. That's it! All in all, I used about 220 balloons, and it took about 45 minutes to put it together. Pretty dang simple. And hard to screw up, which I like in a craft project.