First, an apology for my absence. My son's birthday party swallowed my last week and a half. I feel like I am emerging from a cave this morning.
But! I am so glad that I did because I was greeted with two awesome surprises: My very first blog awards! And I want say a huge "THANK YOU" to the two bloggers who chose me for these awards. Your blogs inspire me on a daily basis, and I feel truly honored to be recognized by each of you.
First: The Who to Hang With Award from one of the cutest blogs I've found: I Need a Playdate.
Seriously, every time I read this blog, I wish my blog put together half as well! I always thought she was a fun mom, but her son's weather reporting skills really won me over. So check her out.
And the Stylish Blogger Award from Jenae at Wildflower.
She's a great photographer, and I know that my husband appreciates that I have her blog in my life because she always has great beauty and style tips (including the most incredible lists of Target finds!). I can always use a little help in both of those departments, so...I'm glad to have another place to turn.
The rules of the award are as follows: Write 7 facts about myself and pass the award onto 7 of my favorite blogs. So here goes!
1. I worked for four summers in a row during college as a frog-catcher in remote parts of Nevada. It entailed a lot of hiking into the middle of nowhere and then mucking around in incredibly disgusting beaver ponds.
2. I carried my engagement ring in my own pocket to the place my husband proposed to me after I went to the store with him to pick it out. The poor guy was so nervous; it was endearing.
3. I love summer, but I don't like swimming. I intentionally failed level 3 of swimming lessons several years in a row because I didn't want to move to the outside pool for level 4. It was way too cold!
4. I am a middle child. And yes, I am a middle child.
5. I used to be a children's librarian, and I really miss Story Time.
6. My favorite color is yellow.
7. I drive a Kia Soul. Yeah, the car from the hamster commercials.
And now the best part: seven of my favorite blogs. Before I share them, I think I should mention that I would have chosen both Wildflower and I Need a Playdate for this list, but I don't know if I'm allowed to send the award back, so I'll pick 7 new ones. Here are a few of my daily reads:
1. La Dulce Vida: AMAZING photographer, and her beautiful posts make me tear up on a regular basis.
2. Chasing Noah: Cute mom who does cute things with her cute kid. She reminds me how lucky I am to be the mother of a little boy.
3. I Do Thee Wed: She reminds me how fun it was to be a newlywed. Plus, she left her camera in the care of a hot dog vendor in an emergency. If I'm gonna have online friends, I want to have ones as trusting as her!
4. My Piece of Mind: Anyone who can turn their children into cleaning minions is a winner in my book.
5. The Unglamorous Mommy: I laugh so hard every time I read this blog.
6. The Great Green Room: A totally creative Mom who comes up with the greatest interactive activities. I steal her ideas so often!
7. Peas and Coos: I don't know what it is about this blog, but I just really like it. Besides, the name is just so cute!
Now it's your turn. Share something interesting about yourself!