Monday, April 4, 2011

Me? Really? Thank you!

First, an apology for my absence.  My son's birthday party swallowed my last week and a half.  I feel like I am emerging from a cave this morning.

But! I am so glad that I did because I was greeted with two awesome surprises: My very first blog awards!  And I want say a huge "THANK YOU" to the two bloggers who chose me for these awards.  Your blogs inspire me on a daily basis, and I feel truly honored to be recognized by each of you.

First: The Who to Hang With Award from one of the cutest blogs I've found: I Need a Playdate.

iNeedaPlaydate Who to Hang with Award

Seriously, every time I read this blog, I wish my blog put together half as well!  I always thought she was a fun mom, but her son's weather reporting skills really won me over. So check her out.

And the Stylish Blogger Award from Jenae at Wildflower.












She's a great photographer, and I know that my husband appreciates that I have her blog in my life because she always has great beauty and style tips (including the most incredible lists of Target finds!).  I can always use a little help in both of those departments, so...I'm glad to have another place to turn.

The rules of the award are as follows: Write 7 facts about myself and pass the award onto 7 of my favorite blogs.  So here goes!


1. I worked for four summers in a row during college as a frog-catcher in remote parts of Nevada.  It entailed a lot of hiking into the middle of nowhere and then mucking around in incredibly disgusting beaver ponds.
2. I carried my engagement ring in my own pocket to the place my husband proposed to me after I went to the store with him to pick it out.  The poor guy was so nervous; it was endearing.
3. I love summer, but I don't like swimming.  I intentionally failed level 3 of swimming lessons several years in a row because I didn't want to move to the outside pool for level 4.  It was way too cold!
4. I am a middle child.  And yes, I am a middle child.
5. I used to be a children's librarian, and I really miss Story Time. 
6. My favorite color is yellow.
7. I drive a Kia Soul.  Yeah, the car from the hamster commercials.

And now the best part: seven of my favorite blogs.  Before I share them, I think I should mention that I would have chosen both Wildflower and I Need a Playdate for this list, but I don't know if I'm allowed to send the award back, so I'll pick 7 new ones.  Here are a few of my daily reads:

1.  La Dulce Vida: AMAZING photographer, and her beautiful posts make me tear up on a regular basis.
2.  Chasing Noah:  Cute mom who does cute things with her cute kid.  She reminds me how lucky I am to be the mother of a little boy.
3.  I Do Thee Wed: She reminds me how fun it was to be a newlywed.  Plus, she left her camera in the care of a hot dog vendor in an emergency.  If I'm gonna have online friends, I want to have ones as trusting as her!
4.  My Piece of Mind: Anyone who can turn their children into cleaning minions is a winner in my book.
5.  The Unglamorous Mommy: I laugh so hard every time I read this blog. 
6.  The Great Green Room: A totally creative Mom who comes up with the greatest interactive activities.  I steal her ideas so often!
7. Peas and Coos: I don't know what it is about this blog, but I just really like it.  Besides, the name is just so cute!

Now it's your turn.  Share something interesting about yourself!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for thinking of me! I'm definitely going to check out your other winners.

    Hope the party went great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congrats on your blog awards! Those are some interesting tidbits you shared with us :)

    I'm off to go check out some of your favorite blogs...thanks for the recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this Thanks Thanks...I will put a link for it on tonight's post and will mention your kindness.
    I am forever grateful =)
    Glad the Bday was a success

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for thinking of me too!! I feel honored to have so much support from women I havent even met!!!
    Thank you!!!!
    Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thank you so much!! That made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, all :) I hope you know how much I enjoy all of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete