Monday, May 2, 2011

You never know what you're going to find in your shoe

Having a toddler (who has recently learned not just to walk, but to RUN) brings a whole new set of experiences into my life. 

Like this new game: What's in my shoe today?
A binky?  Yeah, I guess that's to be expected.

 A little boy's Easter tie? That's what  mom gets for not being quicker about putting away the laundry.

A spoon?  Well, at least that's *his* shoe. 

Easter eggs?  Apparently he caught onto that whole hiding the eggs bit...

Cell phone?  Have I mentioned that I have a really bad habit of giving my kid things he shouldn't play with to try and distract him while I get things done?

Coupons?  Who doesn't like to save money?

And you see that there?  Tucked in that slipper?  Yeah, that's the extra set of keys for my car.  I seriously looked for those for DAYS!

15 comments:

  1. lol love it... easter egg hunt everyday...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. T just tries to put his feet in BTB's! It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Adriana - it is! Too fun.

    @Tiff - that is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! In our house is guess what is in her mouth now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toddlers are a handful aren't they? (Or would it be a shoeful in this case?) Thank goodness they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mry: Oh yeah... I know that one!

    @K: I'm pretty sure cuteness is all that gets me through some days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS POST! and i too am guilty of giving my kids things they shouldn't play with. i once (not so long ago) gave my 2-year-old son my keys (car, house, everything) and when he was through with them, he put them in the toy box (just like you should with all of your toys), BUT it took me 48 hours to find them!

    http://www.insanityisnotanoption.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh too cute! I like that you actually took photos of each item! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...awesome!...it made my day ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol! that's too funny! Never a dull moment, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Christy: I am so glad to know I'm not the only one!

    @Toqua: I couldn't pass up that opportunity! I find it to be so cute!

    @Greenacre: glad to hear it :)

    @Megan: you know it - never a dull moment, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi mama spag! your new follower here. Seen you at mombloggers club. Im a new mom blogger, loving all your sites. so much to learn.

    This post is cute, i can relate haha i got 4 kids at home.

    Have a fun weekend!

    Marga
    http://margaret-online.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Margaret! And welcome! I'm looking forward to checking out your blog!

    ReplyDelete