Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Because I have nothing better to do...

My brain is all over the place this week.  So, instead of trying to rein myself in and put together a cohesive post about something, I'm just gonna go ahead and let it all out.  I was going to call it "Random Thoughts Thursday," but that seemed too structured.  And like something I should do more than once.  Heaven knows I can't have random thoughts every Thursday!
So, here's what's been going on lately.


Do you notice something wrong with this picture?  The Outdoor AdVANture?  Is that like where we all pile into a dirty old VW van and head out into the woods?  Maybe this fairly mainstream clothing brand sold at big box stores everywhere needs a spell-checker.  Or a proofreader.

But, of course I bought it.  How could I not?  My kid will grow out of it before there's any permanent damage done to his spelling abilities.  I hope...

And then there's this:

And this:

Someone has been painting pictures of Angry Birds around town.  I happen to work in the same building that houses our City Hall, and it seems the birds are causing quite a stir.  Sadly, I don't think most people actually understand the meaning behind the birds.

Thankfully, I am an Angry Birds addict (like my girl over at INeedAPlaydate) and thoroughly appreciate seeing the little fellas around.  It kind of makes me want to drive around to see if I can find the rest of them.  If only life gave out three stars for that kind of effort...

And I'm in the middle of redesigning my blog.  I've said this before, but I'm serious this time.  I want it to be more...something.  See the problem I'm having? I can't even tell you what's missing.  How the blazes am I supposed to fix it.  Oh well, I'll give it a try and hope for the best. More on this to come, I'm sure.

Finally, I'm trying out a blog hop.  I haven't gotten into blog hopping, but it comes highly recommended by some bloggers I've come to really like, so why not give it a try?  So, if you're here from the Thirsty Thursday Blog Hop: Welcome! I hope you'll stick around.  I'm always looking for new friends and new blogs to read.

If you want to get to know more about me, here are a couple posts that will give you a taste of what I'm about (here, here, and here).  Hope you like them.

9 comments:

  1. totally loved this post. i'm with you on the totally random thoughts- maybe it's "mommy brain"?! and the angry bird paintings are fabulous! ha ha. i was recently suckered into it. a friend was playing and i thought it was stupid - so i of course downloaded the free version - and the whole time i said 'this is so stupid' - then i beat the free game. so, i uploaded the real one. and i still say 'this is so stupid' while i play - yet i keep playing. bad addiction for sure. hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog design. It's very simple and easy to read.

    I don't "get" the whole Angry Birds thing since I don't have an iPhone. For the best probably, since I tend to get sucked into games pretty easily.

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought of an angry bird theme perhaps? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I found you at the blog hop :) so it must be working :))))
    Cute blog you have here and I am now following! I hope you can check me out and stick around I have loads of giveaways through out the weekend for my BIRTHDAY BASH! Thank you :)
    http://mommy2nanny3doggy1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol at the birds. nothing wrong with random.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Michelle - you're right...the "stupid" factor doesn't prevent it from being addicting!

    @Amy - you're probably better off! That game can be a time suck!

    @Mry - lol; I hadn't considered that, but the prospect is hilarious.

    @Denise- Welcome! I look forward to checking out your blog.

    @Adriana - thanks! Somedays that's all I can pull together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. speaking of blog hops :) Following you back from the Thursday hop!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog www.MommyDigger.com and becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a cute shirt, despite the spelling error :)

    As for your question regarding the age difference in my kiddos...I both do and don't like it.
    For me, selfishly, I do like it. I think having two young ones at the same time (2-3 yrs apart) would be harder to manage. My oldest is old enough to help in small ways.
    For them, I think closer in age would have been more fun for growing up and having a similar aged playmate.

    However, I had my first at 18, and didn't have another until I did the married and settled thing, so it's not like I "planned" that big of a gap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Mommy Digger: Welcome!

    @Megan: Thanks for your thoughts. I'm always curious to hear people's impressions!

    ReplyDelete