Monday, June 27, 2011

So, you think you're cooler than me?

Ever since Little Spaghetti discovered that crawling could take him places, it seems that just about everything in the world is more interesting than boring ol' mom. Now that he's walking: Forget about it!  Sure I'm still good for a little milk now and then, especially when he's feeling tired or bonks his head on something, but otherwise there's just too much else going on in his little life.  This new independence of his seems like it happened so quickly; I can't believe how big he's getting already.

There's a song on the radio lately that I find myself singing to Little Spaghetti as we go about our day-to-day business, and as I spend more of that time chasing him from room to room.

"Cooler Than Me" by Mike Posner

If I could write you a song and make you fall in love
I would already have you up under my arm.
I used up all of my tricks; I hope that you like this
But you probably won't; you think you're cooler than me.

You got designer shades just to hide your face and
You wear 'em around like you're cooler than me.


You never say "hey" or remember my name
And it's probably 'cuz you think you're cooler than me.

I have a strange feeling this may be the first of many times I say to my son, "So, you think you're cooler than me?"

I take small solace in the fact that he does - actually - sometimes remember my name.  And hearing him say "ma ma ma" is one of the sweetest sounds I've ever known.

23 comments:

  1. first of all - i LOVE that song! and 2nd - i love that you put it with this post! sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a cute kid. I like the song...and the ideal you had for this post. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so sweet, Jocelyn. I hope to do more of these in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, your son is so cute! I love that picture of him wearing those cool shades ♥ Great post!
    And thank you for your comment on my blog! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I think that picture is my fave! Thanks for stopping by again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. My little people are independant types too. It hard to be the uncool one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i too used up all my tricks.... =) good post

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHAHA! I love it! I really don't wanna think about the "cooler than me" stage!

    btw...I'm so glad you made it so I can comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blog and congrats on making it into the Blogger Idol top 12. You are definitely one of my favorites and I look forward to reading much more. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @K: It IS hard! But I suppose it's just one of those parts of motherhood that nobody told you about.

    @Adriana: I don't think you could ever use up all of your tricks. You're way too clever for that!

    @Jami: I am so glad you can comment, too! I didn't even know that certain people couldn't. Luckily, another blogger recently pointed it out to me. So sorry for not fixing it sooner (I'm still, in many ways, a blogger newbie!)

    @Cmom: Thanks! I really appreciate the support. I cannot wait for the competition to start tomorrow! I hope I don't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to know I am not the only Mom out there who's toddler think they are cooler than them. Yay, I so tweeted this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me glad I have boys. If I had a girl, I could picture Aqua's "Barbie Girl" as her theme song.

    And of course there's me, in the goofy daddy voice going "Come on Barbie, let's go party..." to the playground, of course.

    Dammit, now I want a girl. See what you did???

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Brittany: Thanks for the tweet!

    @LostinIdaho: Haha! Well, if it makes you feel any better, your comment made ME want to have a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never even heard of that song - I'm so out of touch! I love the pic in the sunglasses with the feet kicked up - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! I wouldn't say that I'm "in touch," though. There's lots of un-hipness going on in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Babe turns 2 today! She definitely thinks she's cooler than me!! Thanks for getting this song stuck in my head now! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to Babe! And no need to thank me...I'm happy to spread the song love :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gaming world where everyone entertained with games like Run 3 unblocked or Run 4 unblocked or Run unblocked . The adventure racing game as Car Racing Games or game that a lot of people like the Super Mario Unblocked or Donkey Kong Unblocked is also very attractive. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete