Friday, June 17, 2011

Whoa! New Blog! Check it out...

Well, folks, I promised you a redesign, and a redesign you got!  I'd put together my first blog design pretty quickly and without much thought.  So after lots of hand-wringing and mind-changing, I finally settled on my new look.  And here it is!  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but I hope you like it.

And a big thank you to my pal, Mary, at I Need a Playdate for her help and encouragement with all this.

So, how'd I decide on the new look?  I'm glad you asked.  Here's the story behind the Spaghetti Westerner (which will live in that handy tab at the top called "What's a Spaghetti Westerner" in case you ever find yourself in need of this explanation).

When I decided to start a blog, I had a heck of a time coming up with a name.  My husband suggested the Spaghetti Westerner, and it seemed to fit. 

As I kept blogging, I thought more and more about this name and its (lack of) relation to my namesake: Spaghetti Western films.  I'll be honest: I didn't actually know much about Spaghetti Westerns when I started blogging.  So I turned to my old friend, Google.

Turns out, I have more in common with Spaghetti Western films that I first thought.  Let me show you:

    1. A "Spaghetti Westerner" is described as a low-budget movie produced by a European (especially an Italian) film company about life in the western United States during the period of exploration and development.

      My life is a low-budget endeavor produced by a self-professed Italian (American) that takes place in the western United States (Nevada).  You could say that my blog captures the essence of my exploration and development as a human being.
    2. Also, the tagline for one of the best-known Spaghetti Westerns, A Fistful of Dollars, is "In his own way he is, perhaps, the most dangerous man who ever lived!"

      Though in my case, it's more like "In her own way she is, perhaps, the most delirious woman who ever lived!"

    3. Clint Eastwood's character in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is The Man with No Name.

      My character might be called something to the effect of The Woman with No Shame.

    4. I think I even look a little bit like Clint Eastwood...(refer back to comment about the most delirious woman who ever lived).

    You see?  Tons of similarities.  And so, I embraced my roots as the Spaghetti Westerner. 

    I may be more of a devoted, long-winded, sarcastic, whisk-wielding housewife than a rogue, mysterious, stoic, gun-slinging cowboy, but I hope you won't hold that against me.

    Clint Eastwood photo via.

    20 comments:

    1. Stunning similarity to Clint Eastwood ;) I love the new look. Great job!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love the blog look — following you back!

      ReplyDelete
    3. looks great. Big hugs of gratitude for stopping by Katherines Corner. I hope you'll visit again. Have a great weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Love it, awesome work and awesome post, you are so funny!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I like the new design! Looks great :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thanks everyone! I'm so glad you like it; that really means a lot to me!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Love your blog. I am so glad I found your blog on the Friday hop. I am now following you via GFC and would love for you to check out my blog at WV Stitcher when you get a chance. Have a fantastic weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    8. @Brenda: Welcome and thanks! I look forward to checking out your blog, too.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Ahah, I love the theme and similarities! That picture is fun :)

      The cloth diaper stripping worked! :D Success! No more smelly/leaky diapers! I hope it helps you, too.

      Thanks for following :)
      Returned the follow <3

      -Aly

      ReplyDelete
    10. Thanks for letting me know; I will have to give it a try!

      Glad you stopped ny; hope to see you around again soon.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Don't know what the old one looked liked, but this one is bright and fresh. On a blog hop. Following you on Connect. Will be Back.
      Have a wonderful day.
      Nina
      www.ninalazina.info

      ReplyDelete
    12. OMG I took a few days off...where am I?! LOL
      love the new look.

      ReplyDelete