Saturday, July 9, 2011

Did that really just come out of my mouth?

As my baby gets older, I find myself talking more.  Sure, I talked to him when he was little, but it wasn't the constant play-by-play of my internal dialogue that seems to come out of my mouth these days.  Perhaps the lack of being around other human beings who can say more than just a couple words in English is finally getting to me.

Whatever the cause, I say some pretty entertaining things.  Here's a few of my favorites:

1. "There's really no reason we *need* all of these clothes.  They just have to be washed."
2. "So THAT'S what Desitin tastes like."
3. "Look! Look at the horse going pee pee!  He's going pee pee just like you'll do someday.  Pee pee in the river, which is basically just like the potty."
4. " I'd much rather you try to eat a binder clip than a marble.  It's a lot harder to swallow a binder clip."
via
5. "On Saturday, the caterpillar ate through one piece of chocolate cake, one ice cream cone, one pickle, one slice of Swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one sausage, one cupcake, and one slice of watermelon.  Boy, that sounds like mommy on a Saturday.  I wonder if he's a boredom eater, too?"

What about you?  Do you say things that might make loved ones worry about you if they were around to hear them?

20 comments:

  1. "Your mama really needs to chill out before her head explodes..."

    I said that to my oldest when he was 2. Next I know, he goes to frustrated, overreacting mom and yells "STOP! YOU'RE GONNA SPLODE!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. see my post "From the Sand Box back to the Jury Box". I discuss my post traumatic stress caused by the book Brown Bear Brown Bear what do you see..." (same author)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure my cats would be carting me off to a padded cell by now if they could! Lol... I tell them pretty much every thought that passes through my head. That's why I love having pets!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi im a new follower from the blog hop
    Im over in the uk and would love it if you come visit me
    Have a great sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lost: HAHA! We're not at the repeating stage yet, but I'm going to have to remember to be careful.

    @Roni: That cracked me up. Perhaps Eric Carle's messages are deeper than I originally thought...

    @Crystal: That's funny! I talk to my dog pretty often, but the real crazy seems to come out around my baby.

    @Jolly: Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't eat dog food or onions off the floor! I can't think of any better ones right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-) I'm more of an internal-dialogue kinda gal, but I overhear stuff like this at the grocery store and it's always good for a laugh!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope, I find myself operating in utter silence in hopes that the children will follow my example and stop talking for a least two consecutive minutes.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've once said "penises don't belong on the kitchen table."

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA! This made me laugh! And remember....

    From the time my little one was born all I did was talk and talk and talk to him....I'm sure people thought I was crazy (especially considering some of the stuff I'm sure that came out of my mouth). But on the plus side? He is now quite verbose and has a GREAT vocabulary! So consider it "education" and leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! This is funny. Baby is going to have one heck of a vocabulary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol... I love that you make me laugh... The horse is priceless... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Texas: Haha! I've pretty much given up on trying to get him to stop eating things off the floor.

    @Pearl: You'd have a great time listening to me grocery shop!

    @Jessica: Not a bad strategy. Does it work?

    @Whispering: That is hilarious. And sort of terrifying. I still don't know what I'm in for having a boy...

    @Gigi: I like it! Education it is, and now I don't have to feel bad about it.

    @Mary: I hope so, lol. If there's something good that can come of my craziness, I'm all for it.

    @Adriana: I'm glad! I was SO excited about the horse, too. That made it even worse!

    @

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are many moments where I just have to stop and think a moment about what I just said. Motherhood definitely adds a new element to the conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @K: So true! Never a dull moment, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man - my favorite so far - when both of my boys were in the bath (2yrs&1yr) stop grabbing your brothers wee wee! But a favorite from teaching - you are going to send me straight to the looney bin! I said it so much if I asked them where they were going to send me bc of their behavior they would all cry ou " the LOONEY BIN!!!" ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Michelle: those are both awesome! I love that the kids learned to shout "Looney bin!"

    ReplyDelete