Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dr. Seuss is taking over my life

I think I went to sleep yesterday counting Sneetches instead of sheep.  I was up until the wee hours of the morning writing goofy poems, making custom water bottle labels, and doing other assorted baby shower related tasks.  Despite the fact that I'm going to be totally wiped out come Saturday evening, I'm really looking forward to throwing this shower for my friend.  She's having twins so we're doing a "Thing 1 and Thing 2" theme.

There's two things that this should tell you about me.  First, I LOVE throwing parties.  Because, really, who makes custom water bottles for parties?  Only crazy people like me.  Second, I am a serious procrastinator.  I leave this afternoon (the shower is four hours from where I live), and I hadn't really done anything until last night.

My procrastination also makes me a chronically late person (I know, I hate me too).  My friends know to expect me about seven minutes after I say I'll arrive.  Somehow, I've managed to get so good at being late that I'm always the same amount of late.  Maybe someday I'll fix this annoying little habit.

In the meantime, will you vote for me in this week's Blogger Idol?  Voting has ended; thanks for your help.  If I get through this week, I'll be in the top four.  And I'll owe it all to you guys.  This week's topic was to get on our soap boxes and tell our readers something we care about.  My post is called "Children are not an inconvenience.  They are people."  Feel free to agree or disagree with me in the comments section of that post!

20 comments:

  1. Voted! Mostly because your article was legitimately my favorite one :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. When tweetle beetles battle in a bottle and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles....Love me some Fox In Sox!

    Heading over to vote

    ReplyDelete
  3. People can be inconveniences. Children are sometimes both.

    But we love them, no matter what.

    I'm trying my best not to rhyme here... With a Seuss post, it's hard to resist...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man, that is SO cool that you're holding a Dr. Seuss-themed party! My dad used to read those books to me as a kid. Our favourite was "Oh See Can you Say?" That and that mischeivous scamp The Cat in the Hat.

    Off to vote for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm called Mister Procrastinator around here missy. I could teach classes on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny about counting sneetches instead of sheep. I've decided I just can't read Dr. Seuss to E ( even though I love it) because I end up thinking in Dr. Seussese for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Dr Seuss! And I voted for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you and I must have the same problem! I've gotten worse and worse about running late and now, I'm in the same boat, always late by the same amount of time! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I voted for you as well, hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I'm also chronically 7-10 minutes late, and LOVE throwing parties. Well... I love planning them. I'd pay a million dollars to have someone actually carry out my ideas though....lol. I hate the work, but love getting the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a good and fun time at showering party. I too like parting but chances are less. custom water bottles is cool and different idea.

    I voted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to see pictures from the party - sounds like fun!

    Voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dig that party theme--how original! I don't plan on having more kids any time soon, but you are so welcome to throw me a party just for the sake of it. We could print up some labels for beer and Diet Coke bottles. Can you bake? *grins*

    Catch you later, gonna go vote now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Voting next! Commenting first to say I'm excited to read the link about children being people! I just finished writing an essay for a writing contest that had this idea as a theme in it. It amazes that some adults (those who don't understand children) see them as either monsters or aliens. They just don't get children.

    I smiled when I read about Thing 1 and Thing 2. Have you seen the blog that is titled that? Here's the link! The blogger is a talented children's book author, and her blog is very interesting :) http://coreyschwartz.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaha the sneetches were my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Mike: Thank you. I really appreciate that.

    @Stephanie: Yes Fox in Socks! You'll enjoy the food photos!

    @Idaho: That is very fair. I should have said that children are no more an inconvenience than anyone else, but that didn't quite have the same ring to it.

    @Crystal: What a fun tradition! And thanks for your support.

    @Life101: As you say, Mr. Procrastinator! I'm always open to tips! haha.

    @Jessica: It's so hard to get it out of you head once you get started!

    @Amanda: Thanks ;)

    @Jessica: I'm glad to know I'm not alone!

    @Timothy: Thanks! You're awesome!

    @Heather: You and I would make a great team! Though, we'd always be a little late...haha.

    @Scot Lass: Thank you! You rock!

    @Madrassi: I did have a lot of fun! I can't wait to share the pictures.

    @Aleta: Thanks so much!!

    @Lindy: I'm always up for any excuse to throw a party. And custom beer bottles, I'm all for it!

    @Inverse: Thanks! Me too. I'll owe it all to the support of awesome peeps like you!

    @K: It amazes me, too. I don't quite understand it. Thanks for sharing that link!

    @Mama G: The sneetches are great!

    @My Day in a Sentence: Yes! I did. Each week gets more and more nerve wracking, though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. good blogger article. Diet Programs slimmign healthy Diet....

    ReplyDelete