Friday, September 9, 2011

Can I say thank you again or will you stop reading my blog?

I'm going to keep this short and sweet because I've been so nervous that I haven't eaten in three days, so I'm desperate for a sandwich right now.  Between this and the cotton candy, I think I might have a marketable diet plan on my hands here.

Anyway...It's official, folks!  The Spaghetti Westerner is the 2011 Blogger Idol (and, it just so happens, the first Blogger Idol ever!)  Woot!!

You can watch the official announcement video here.  It's long, but there's some super funny vlogs from the other contestants included, and it's worth a watch if you've got the time.

I really and truly mean it when I say that I could not have done it without the support from all of you.  I'm not just trying to give some cheesy speech where I pretend like I care about everyone who needs to be thanked...I honestly just really DO care about everyone who DESERVES to be thanked.  And that's all of you. So, thank you. I want to give a special shout out to The Mommy In Law, who called me after I watched the video because she figured I'd be alone (I was) and want someone to celebrate with (I did)!  How awesome is that?

I'd love to be able to give back to any of you that I can, so let me know if there's a way I can help you...now or down the road. And, in the spirit of giving back, if you have a few minutes to spare, check out this post.  The organizer of Blogger Idol is helping a family in Pennsylvania who lost everything in a flood a couple days ago, and I wanted to help spread the word!

And now, I'm getting a sandwich.  But, I promise to be back (and to actually have the brain capacity to write on my own blog now that Blogger Idol is over!)

Oh yeah, did I mention: THANK YOU!!!

26 comments:

  1. I knew you could do it, Mama. I am SO proud of you! I was really happy to be there for you and to watch you keep on climbing that ladder. Enjoy that sandwich, and your success!! :-D

    Off to check out the link about the family in Pennsylvania...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    And go crazy. Make two sandwiches! You've earned them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You did it. But you're such a great writer and bloggy pal you made it look so easy. Well done and I'm thrilled to have been a part of the excitement. Finally an Idol I vote for wins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! Happy for you! I've been voting for you all along, am glad to have voted for the winner! Woot Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Finally someone I voted for that wins!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on winning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win!!! Have cookie or two with that sandwich to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOHOO! You ROCK, girl! Congratulations! Now go eat a sandwich and have some ice cream, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. Unfortunately your blog's too good to stop reading so you can keep up with those thank yous as much as you please.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! I think you should make that an ice cream sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats and to many more awards... XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have four day weekends every week. It's a good thing too as I have spent all of yesterday and most of today reading all of your blogs from the last nine months. For a grad student, that's a LOT of time spent reading something other than literary theory. You have always been an incredible writer; you are entertaining and bright. But what I have loved the most is getting to know the woman who was my best friend for years. I love that I have gotten to know you, your dreams, and your family. I love that I have been able to get to know a bit about "The Freshman" and his personality (I think he's hilarious and hope to get to see that wit for myself one of these days). Thank you. Thank you for putting so much of yourself out there that I can see how amazing and wonderful a person my beautiful, bright, talented friend has become. --M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeehaw!! And, congrats from Oklahoma!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That does it, you've thanked us too many times. I'm not reading your blog anymore. >:(

    In all seriousness, grats on winning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cotton candy sandwiches: the official snack of the 2011 blogger idol campaign. Congrats! Don't go all movie star indoor sunglasses blimp sized ego mode on us now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! You're awesome and you deserve it. You rocked that whole contest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! I am getting caught up on reading all of my favorite blogs tonight and I have been wondering about this and am so happy for you! Congratulations!!! What a well-deserved honor for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Sentence: Thank you!

    @Crystal: Your support throughout the competition meant SO much to me!

    @Al: Oh, I did have two. Great minds think alike.

    @Heli: Thanks! You're a great bloggy pal, too. I'm glad I came through for you.

    @Aleta: Woot woot, indeed!

    @Damon: Thanks!

    @Lunatic: Glad you can say you backed the right horse! er....girl!

    @Ruth: Thanks!

    @Mark: Thank you!

    @Gigi: Now you're talking!

    @Nitebyrd: Thanks! Ice cream never sounded better.

    @Yeamie: Aww thanks! I am glad you'll be sticking around.

    @Scot Lass: Thanks!

    @Marina: Thank you!

    @ChiTown: That sounds delicious!

    @Adriana: Thanks, girl! I owe it in part to each one of you.

    @M: That means so much to me (and, yes, it is a TON of reading for a college student, but I'm glad I can compete with literary theory!) I really appreciate your kind words and look forward to reconnecting with you.

    @Wildcat's wife: Yee haw for sure!

    @Chrissy: Thank you!

    @Nowaysj: Thanks!

    @DWei: Thanks! And I'm glad you're not going anywhere.

    @Kyran: Um...that sounds amazing. I think we've got a money-maker in that one. And no worries, no indoor sunglasses and blimp-sized ego here!

    @Inner Chick: Thanks!

    @K: Thank you! And, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about your spot on the coattails!

    @K: Thank you so much for your support all along!

    ReplyDelete