Wednesday, September 7, 2011

If I were a hooker, would I be worth more than $25?

There's at least one person in this world who doesn't think so, but I'm not going to tell you any more about that. If you want the whole story, you're going to have to go read my post on Blogger Idol this week.  And don't forget to vote for me while you're there!

You ready for more shameless begging?  To be honest, I'm surprised nobody took me up on my offer to pluck their great aunt's eyebrows from last week.  I promise I'm a whiz with the right pair of tweezers!

Seriously, though, I am honored and humbled to have made it to the FINALE of Blogger Idol.  I am one of just TWO contestants left standing, and I know with 100% certainty that I wouldn't have made it here without you guys.  Thank  you.  I am not joking when I say that I want you to let me know if there's any way I can ever help you in return.

So, one more time...will you please vote for me?  And share the link with your friends, your neighbors, your secretary, your dog (hey, his vote counts too as long as he has his own Iphone).  You can vote once per device per browser (laptop, cell phone, ipod, desktop, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer...the combinations are endless!)  Make sure you vote in both polls.  And polls close at midnight on Thursday, central time.

If you're curious what I had to write about this week, I've got great news for you!  I had to write on two topics.  First, I had to write a letter to my future  blogger self.  One judge said it was totally uninspiring and only good for "mommy bloggers."  Do you agree?

Then, I got to pick whatever topic I wanted.  I chose to write the highlights of my dating history (like the guy who offered me the $25...).  There's also a picture of me in my dance costume from the fourth grade.  If that's not enough to get you to read it, I don't know what is!

And, finally, because I'm trying to think about something other than Blogger Idol...Have you ever grown potatoes in the garden?  This was my first year, and I loved it!  I got to dig in the mud for treasures like a kid yesterday to find all the pretty little potatoes buried deep in the dirt.  I've come to the conclusion that potatoes are the most satisfying of all plants to harvest.  Look at these little beauties!  Now what should I do with them??

17 comments:

  1. Your title reminded me of a story (what doesn't?)....
    A woman came home and proudly showed her boyfriend a sack full of cash.
    "Look what I did to help make ends meet," she proudly crowed.
    "What did you you do?" he asked.
    "I decided to give prostitution a go. And look, I made $69.10!"
    "Who gave you ten cents? Everybody?"
    The man is in a coma. He is not expected to live.
    Ahh, a little hooker humor to brighten the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED your posts, totally voted, and I'm gonna have to give that nasty judge a good, swift kick where the sun don't shine! Grrrrrr....

    Also? Those potatoes look yummy.... In answer to your question? Eat them! LOL! Maybe you can make a nice, big potato salad!

    We had a veggie garden when I was about eight years old, and harvesting was so much fun. I hope to live on a farm or somewhere in the country someday... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dating stories are hilarious: they remind of the men (sadly, more than one) who tried to convince me to go blonde or wear more makeup. Best of luck with Blogging Idol.

    Those potatoes look great! I've had potatoes grow accidentally in the garden. I would use them to make potato tortilla or a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just returned from Vegas.

    Some of the girls on the "boobie" cards are getting $125 a whack, um, er... I mean...

    Yesh. I got nothing.

    Off to read and vote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all my great aunts are dead and I don't wanna dig 'em up.
    I'll go check out the posts.
    And new potatoes= yummy.
    Do you have any peas? You could have creamed peas and potatoes. Cook the baby potatoes and peas, when they are done, add a little butter and salt and pepper. Mix some milk and flour, add to potatoes and stir til thickened and bubbly. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We grow potatoes here too. Just harvested some, and have some sweet potatoes growing now.
    also, I will continue voting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to vote before I forget about it! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Al: That was a great story. And makes me feel much more valuable at the $25 offer.

    @Crystal: Thanks! And you're free to give her a good kick in the butt! haha!

    @Tracey: Potato tortilla...now that sound good!

    @Julianna: Thanks! And lol @ "whack"

    @Ruth: That sounds amazing! I may just do that tomorrow.

    @Timothy: I'm jealous of your sweet potatoes! I will have to try those next year. And thanks!

    @Marina: Thank you! I really appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome blog post. Going to follow your blog for more interesting updates like the ones you've done recently.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I voted in both of the polls. :)

    And, yeah, you'd be a 25 well spent. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got my vote. Of course you always have! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Turn the potatoes into like, little potato figures using toothpicks and other assorted objects.

    And you're helping my blog just fine by commenting and reading it. That's more than enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 25 bucks, eh? Big spender your gentleman was! Hope you've updated your price list to reflect you true value!!!
    Sarah @ made in usa challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. You grew potatoes!?! WOW!!! I'm impressed! They look fabulous.

    Anyone that can grow potatoes, THREE DIFFERENT KINDS no less, had my vote for anything they want!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had my vote! Oh, and those are some great looking spuds!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  16. I heart you so much! I feel like I've known you for years.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Yeamie: Thanks, and welcome! Hope I don't disappoint!

    @Sentence: Thanks! On both accounts, haha!

    @Cmom: You're awesome! I can't thank you enough for your support.

    @DWei: Clever. It could be some kind of cool art project.

    @Sarah: Big spender, indeed!

    @Nitebyrd: Knowing that my potatoes swung your vote, I can say growing them was all worth it!

    @Jim: Thanks!! You rock.

    @Adriana: I love that! I'm happy to have you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete