Saturday, September 3, 2011

You probably think this post is about you...

First, thanks to everyone for your support this week: I made it to the top two in Blogger Idol!  Next week is the finale, and it's going to be an intense showdown between me and Justin from Daddy Knows Less.

Now, onto the good stuff.  This post is a follow up to a post from a few weeks back called, "Nevada, why are you so vain?"  (Hence the  title...come on, sing it with me!)

I think I might be a little loopy from the paint fumes.  You'll have to bear with me.  You see, I decided that now would be a good time to remodel my laundry room.  Perhaps I really have been going through withdrawals since I'm no longer party planning.

For the paint in the laundry room, I went with a color called "perfect taupe." But the longer I spent in that tiny room painting, the more I started thinking that if you're going to declare a color to be the perfect shade of taupe, you really ought to call it "U-taupe-ia."

Get it?  Where's my 17-month old to crack up at my corny jokes when I need him...

Sleeping, that's where he is.  Which is where I should be, so I'm going to stop talking and get on with the vanity license plates.  I'll catch you on the flip side!  And by flip side I mean tomorrow...not the afterlife.  Just so we're clear.

Spiteful wife or obedient husband?
Well, I suppose you do.
See, now some people do know how to be clever...
I can't think of anything classier, actually.
I might have believed you were British...if you weren't driving a Geo Tracker.
Just goes to show that no matter what regulations the Nevada DMV
puts in place, people will still find ways to have X-rated license plates.
Do you have any good photos of vanity license plates to share?  Send them to me, and I just may feature them in my next edition of the license plate game!



Photos courtesy of my good friend Dan.  Thanks, Dan!

16 comments:

  1. Where do you find these!?!?!

    (resisiting the urge to type - FIRST lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've probably seen the handicapped plates saying "TIMMAY" a-la-funny South Park Reference. I've seen those in Idaho, Utah, and Montana. Never fails, I always laugh my ass off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the blogger idol!
    also, those vanity plates are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, I giggled at U-taupe-ia.
    Awesome you're in the top two for blogger idol, gonna go vote right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also laughed at U-toupe-ia.

    Course I'm blaming it on the paint fumes that I am also inhaling. But mine are in the perfect shade of gray...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I TOTALLY laughed at the U-taupe-ia joke! I didn't realize you were collecting vanity plate pictures....now when I set off to go anywhere I will have my camera ready. Seems like we've got plenty around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband only wants to paint everything for sale white. I thought his head was going to explode when I painted an accent wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is Taupe anyway? It sounds like a cool color. It's nothing like mauve is it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting into the top TWO! That is incredible!! I can't wait to see the final show down. Also - u-taupe-ia? Ba ha ha ha ha haaa! Well-played, Mama, well-played. Loving those license plates and I was totes singing along with you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I had an old beat-up Camry that was being held together in several places by duct tape. I had a vanity plate that said "CAM ROCK". Still have it somewhere, but not the car!
    Sarah @ made in usa challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. @MJ: I am lucky enough to see these and more every day!

    @Lost: Lol! That's pretty funny.

    @Timothy: Thanks for your support!

    @Kyran: Glad it wasn't THAT lame a joke.

    @Julianna: I love gray. Good choice!

    @Gigi: send them my way!!

    @Tuna: Yeah...that's a smart way to go. But I love me some color!

    @Daddy's in Charge: It is a cool color. Kind of a tannish/brownish/gray. But no, nothing like mauve. Except the au.

    @Scot Lass: Oh man! That took me a minute, but when I got it, I totally cracked up!

    @Crystal: Thank you! Maybe someday I'll vlog. Then you can actually hear me sing (scary!)

    @Sarah: That's awesome! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that Blogger Idol is over you can have a new career in making up paint names! Because honestly, I would totally buy paint named U-taupe-ia just because that is frickin funny!

    ReplyDelete