Wednesday, May 16, 2012

And...we're not homeless

So, our homeless stint lasted just about a week.  And that was just about right.  I spent last week in our new house cleaning and renovating.  The whole experience was sort of like being in a time warp.  I had no internet and no clock. I used the position of the sun and the shadows outside to tell whether it was morning or afternoon.  And I was often wrong.

We got a lot done, but we still have a LONG way to go.  We'll get there one step at a time.  We're still a few weeks away from being able to move in, but I'm sure it will go fast.

I hope you'll join me in celebrating, though, because we've reached quite a milestone.  When we first turned on the plumbing (the house was a foreclosure, so everything was off), almost every single valve in the house leaked.  Toilets, sinks, showers, washing machine connections.  Plus some drains.  But tonight, we're down to just one leak.  One!

I know, I probably shouldn't celebrate until we're at zero leaks, but a girl needs a glass of wine.

Also, just for your viewing pleasure, I have for you my favorite part of the house thus far: a lovely note left just for us in the closet by the previous owners.

Word.

5 comments:

  1. For some reason using the sun to work out the time and being wrong, along with the homies being written on the house really made me laugh out loud, great post Lisa, I'm glad you guys have a home now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you aren't homeless. And that you are down to one leak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ONE leak!?! AWESOME!!
    You've made great strides.
    It's wonderful to know that you are not homeless!

    Have a GREAT week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete