Thursday, August 9, 2012

Free sunglasses for everyone! A Firmoo review

First off, my new sunglasses rock!!

Now let me back up a minute and give you the rest of the story.  A few weeks back, I got an email from a company called Firmoo asking me if I wanted to try (and review) one of their products - prescription glasses or sunglasses.  I was about to delete the email, assuming it was some kind of scam (seriously, nobody asks me to review their products), but then I decided to look into it.

So, I hit up my trusty friend, Google.  "Is firmoo.com legit?" I asked.  And what I found were mostly lots of blog reviews about the company (like this one and this one and this one and this one...).  I dug a little deeper, and found this really interesting article from Slate.  The article claims that most glasses sold in America are manufactured in China, but online companies with low overhead have started offering eye wear directly to consumers at a fraction of the price you'd pay in an optometrist's office (Firmoo has frames staring at just 8 bucks).  Apparently this whole cheap eyeglasses from China thing isn't new at all (the article was written in 2008). 

So, I took the plunge and emailed the company representative back. He was very responsive and told me to just go ahead and pick out a pair. Though they had offered me prescription sunglasses (or glasses), I opted to just get regular, non-prescription sunglasses since I mostly wear contacts.

I let the company know which frames I wanted, and about two days later, the customer service department emailed me to let me know that the frames I'd picked were out of stock in the color I wanted.  Bummer, but I told them to just send me the other color they had.

After about a week, I found a little "attempted delivery" slip on my door and went straight to the post office to pick them up.

This is the package.  Pretty exciting stuff.
The protective case the glasses came in.
They threw in a handy little pink cleaning cloth.  Nice touch.
Look how shiny!
Why is my toddler such a better model than I am?
Oh wait! Don't throw that envelope away.  It's not empty yet.
What's in there?  Oh, it's a soft case to store the glasses in.
And a neat little screw driver with extra screws.  Please ignore those people and their jet ski photo-bombing my sunglasses review.
Overall, I'm really happy with the glasses.  They look good and they feel good (they don't pinch or leave red marks on my nose like a lot of the cheap-o drug store sunglasses I usually buy).  And Firmoo was great to work with.  In the end, I was actually glad to get the green color instead of the black I'd originally wanted.  They're more fun.

I tend to be really rough on glasses.  We're talking dropping them, sitting on them, letting a two-year-old play with them so I can get through the grocery store without a meltdown... So far, I'm happy to report that my Firmoo glasses are still scratch-free.  I have to admit that the next time I'm due for an eye appointment, I will be keeping Firmoo in the back of my mind if I need a new pair of glasses.

And, Firmoo wants to share the love.  They offer a program that provides free glasses to new customers.  Make sure you check out the fine print to see how the program works (and you do have to pay for shipping).  Or if you're a blogger who is interested in reviewing a pair of glasses, they seem really interested in doing that, so get in touch!

Here's what Firmoo has to say about their free glasses program:  Firmoo is the world's most popular online eyeglasses store.  Vision and Fashion the Frugal Way is the ultimate goal of Firmoo, so it has always committed itself to providing customers with high-quality and fashionable eyewear at the most affordable prices.  Firmoo launched a program offering free eyewear to first-time buyers in order to get more people to try Firmoo’s quality products & excellent service. Plus, it’s easy to get your free eyewear, and the delivery is pretty fast! Want to have a try? Just go to http://www.firmoo.com/free-

glasses.html to get your FREE pair!  


And the fine print: In case you couldn't tell, I was given a free pair of sunglasses by Firmoo to review on my blog.  All opinions expressed are my own.   As always, do your own homework before you buy anything from anyone.  I figured I had nothing to lose since I was getting my own pair for free.  And, you're entitled to your own opinion about buying things that are made in the USA or made in other countries.  I'm not going to tell you what to do.

24 comments:

  1. I'm really rough on my sunglasses too Lisa and find these ones pretty damn cool, you're lucky to get such an awesome pair of sunglasses, you rock them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great on you! Love the color. Good choice in the end, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in them but Little Spaghetti really does steal the show! ;-)

    I may just have to check this out since I desperately need a new pair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those glasses are cool!

    I've received emails like that before and deleted them, now you have me wishing I did more research :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! I'm really in dire need of new glasses - to the point I'm praying nothing happens to my contacts because I would be legally blind if I tried to drive in my glasses. I wonder how the prescription part works? I'll look into it - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My review is coming up too. Love Firmoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine will be not as cheerful as you, but I love my new prescription sunglasses! They just arrived today!

    The prescription eyeglasses that were supposed to be sunglasses came a month ago. Oops...

    Oh, and my name is not Lisa. Ha!

    But still, I like the product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like it. Sunglasses are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got an email from this company and i thought the same thing! I'll have to email them back now. :) Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got Firmoo glasses too but I chose an eyeglasses pair! Love your sunnies!!! *.*

    CHECK OUT Firmoo post on my blog "NIGHT OUT GLASSES LOOK" and let me know if you like it!! <3 love, Francesca

    p.s If you want we can follow each other on the socials! Now I follow you on GFC! If you like follw me back please!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete