Thursday, August 23, 2012

Vacations and showers and weddings, Oh My!

Sorry for the silence lately.  August has been swallowed by a black hole.  Or something.

At the very beginning of the month, I went to BlogHer and met so many cool people (who I miss already).  Plus, I got to try out some really awesome products.  All of which I will blog about.  Soon.  Ish.

Then my hubby and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary.  I said to him, "It's hard to believe that after five years, we're still so..."

"Married," he said, finishing my sentence for me.  That, or, you know, blissfully happy.

Then I threw a bridal shower for my little sister.  (And you should know by now how much I love throwing parties, parties, and more parties).  Her shower was pink. And girly.  And awesome.  And included 18 cakes.  I have so many great pictures and fun projects to share.

And now, with a week left in August, I still have one more wedding (one of my high school bffs!) plus so much other must-cram-it-in-before-fall stuff to do.  So...I will blog again.  In September.

Also,  you should start doing typing exercises and warming up the creative parts of your brain because auditions for Blogger Idol should be announced sometime soon.  Who will take my place as reigning queen (or king)?

Until then, I wanted to share some posts from Fashion Toast about my neck of the woods (really, any time someone talks about places in Nevada other than Reno or Vegas, I consider it my neck of the woods)... She has some awesome pictures (and these).  Giant tires and beautiful desert; that's why I love you, Nevada.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back!
    My July/August:
    July 4: Washed the cars. Then had beer.
    July 12: Trip to Virginia Beach. Where I bought beer at Wawa. At midnight. Sweet.
    July 21: Graduation party for my daughter. This also included beer.
    August 1-4: Camping. Yep. You got it. Beer.
    August 18: Party at my brother's. Probably not a mystery what we drank.
    August 22: Golf. Which naturally calls for beer.
    I'm looking forward to giving my liver a rest.
    But Labor Day weekend is coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!
    My Summer? Work work. But hey, if you want some good light reading, you know where to come...

    As for BI, I still may be too edgy. I scared a lot of panelists last year and didn't even make the cut...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you had such a good Summer Lisa and congratulations on being five years married, that's actually incredible and you guys should be proud of that, especially in today's modern society! The bridal shower and blogger meetup sounds incredible too, it's great to hear that blogger meetups go well and don't end in meeting an axe murderer or something haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 18 cakes!?? Wow! Can't wait to see the pictures :)

    Happy Belated Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete