Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sleep is for weenies


What a difference a couple days make.  And no, for the record, I don't mean a couple of full nights of sleep.  Because that isn't happening.  Even when I sleep on the floor of my wee man's room to keep him company in the dark.

Really, though, the morning after I ranted and raved about my unfortunate lack of sleep for the past 2.5 years, a friend of mine posted this picture of me and Little Spaghetti on facebook:


And it melted my temporarily sleep-deprivation-induced icy heart.

It isn't often that I get to see myself in the moments of pure joy and peace that motherhood brings me, but this picture captured one.  It was exactly what I needed to take a step back.  And count my blessings.

You know, for better or for worse (and I truly do believe, for us, it was better), cosleeping was a choice my husband and I made when our son was small. It isn't Little Spaghetti's fault that we're outgrowing it, and I have to remind myself that this transition is probably hardest on him.  So, really, I shouldn't complain.

Tonight's a glass half full kind of night.  These are the moments that make a mom.

5 comments: