Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dear Kate: A Girl's New Best Friend (and a coupon!)

I've got two words for you: Leak-resistant underwear.  Or is that three words?  It doesn't matter, because they can still change your life.

I never knew what I was missing until I met Dear Kate. I was introduced to Dear Kate at a party I was lucky enough to attend while I was in New York City at BlogHer this year.  They make super cute undies with genuis fabric that's designed to eliminate those little "oops" moments from your life.

All the girls know what I'm talking about.  And guys, well, this is good information for the ladies in your life.

There's nothing more unfortunate than spending one week out of every month feeling uncomfortable and worried - going out in public while constantly looking for a mirror or a bathroom to check your backside.  You know...for leaks.

Dear Kate sent me a pair of their beautiful Ms Moxie Hipsters to try out.  Like this:

No, that's not me.  But wearing my Dear Kates does make me almost want to model my own undies for the whole world.
I got them just in the nick of time to wear for our recent family photo shoot.  And they were wonderful.

Not once did I worry.  Not once did I look for a mirror to check out my backside (good thing since we were in the middle of nowhere).  I felt confident and sexy.   You can see the proof for yourself in the photos at the end of this post.

Here's Dear Kate's secret: their breathable, but leak-resistant fabric.

The undies themselves are very comfy.  They have lace sides, which makes them super cute and feminine.  I've had other underwear with lace, and they tended to stretch out and not fit that well after only a few hours.  Not these though.  I wore them all day and then slept in them.  In the morning, they felt just as great as when I'd first put them on - no bunching or shifting or moving.  (Oh, and they really do work for stopping leaks.  It's miraculous).

To be honest, I want a pair for every day of the week.  And, I think they would make a perfect gift for an expectant mother (I just happen to know several right now).  I know I would have appreciated something worry-free that also made me feel good in the first couple months after I had my son.

So, for my awesome readers, Dear Kate is offering $10 off so you guys can try them out, too.


And now, the pictures:
 I crouched.
I chased.
I felt confident.
And I didn't worry one little bit.


I was not compensated in any way for this post.  Dear Kate did send me a pair of their MS Moxie Hipsters which, as you can tell, I love.

8 comments: