Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Kitchen Nightmares: Michael Angelo's to the rescue!

All I wanted was a new microwave.  One that mounts over the stove instead of the behemoth one that takes up 92% of the counter space in our small-ish kitchen. 

Instead, I got this:
I've done enough renovating to know that I should expect this.  You start one *simple* project and it snowballs into a complete overhaul.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not complaining about the fact that I'm getting a new, awesome kitchen.  I'm just complaining about the right now.  No counters, no sink, no dishwasher...

Expect a full before and after very soon.  (I hope...)

Anyway, this is where Michael Angelo's comes in.  I met some representatives from this awesome family-owned company while I was at BlogHer in 2011 and again this year.  The Italian in me was sold from the minute I saw the ginormous wheel of Parmesan cheese they were chiseling pieces off to feed hungry passersby.  Then, they were kind enough to give me some coupons to try out their products for free, and now I am in love. 

I'm picky when it comes to my frozen foods. Really picky.  Michael Angelo's, quite honestly, are the only frozen dinners I will eat. They do a phenomenal job of bringing fresh-tasting, delicious Italian dinners to the freezer aisle.  My absolute favorite is the Eggplant Parmesan, but I haven't had a meal I didn't like.

This is a photo I borrowed from Michael Angelo's facebook page.  Go check them out!
Their meals are something I can feel good about serving to my family.  Here's their food philosophy (you tell me what's not to love?):
If you can't find it in our mom's kitchen, you won't find it in our meals. 
Our goal has always been to create dishes that 
taste like they were made in a home cook's kitchen. 
That can't be done if you add preservatives, fillers or chemicals. 

And, the only thing that makes Michael Angelo's meals even better?  Tearing apart your kitchen and depriving yourself of homemade meals for a while.  Pop one of these babies in the oven, bust out your paper plates, and you'll have family dinner - with or without a kitchen!


And the fine print: In case you couldn't tell, I was given several coupons for free products from Michael Angelo's.  I was not compensated in any other way for this post.  All opinions expressed are my own.   As always, do your own homework before you buy anything from anyone.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully things get sorted out in the kitchen soon Lisa, I know how bad renovations can get when one thing leads to another, this Michael Angelo's thing sounds just great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank the Lord every day for being able to complete our kitchen renovation BEFORE we moved in! No kitchen + kids = NO FUN! Hope it only lasts a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the kitchen when it's done, although not as much as you I'm sure!

    At least it seems you've found some good food until you can cook again :)

    ReplyDelete