Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting rid of the grody

When we bought our house, some parts were definitely worse than others.  One of the worst was the blue bathroom.  It was old.  And gross. And blue.

So, now that the kitchen is squared away, we figured we better rip something else up.  And what better thing to get rid of than the Blue Behemoth (aka the bathtub).

Here's what Little Spaghetti thinks about the demolition.  It's loud.

But it will be worth it.  Because, really, who wants these yucky blue speckled tiles and their mildew?  I told you it was gross.

This is Baby Blue: The sink that matches the bathtub.  Say hello.  And goobye, because this is the last time you'll be seeing him.

And then there's this nasty water-damaged wall.
And the lovely hole behind the toilet.


One last photo to show you that there is hope for this bathroom.  Here we are mid-demolition.  Am I crazy or does it look better already?


Well, I can assure you one thing.  It feels better already.  There's something so wonderful about getting rid of all that grody. 

Stay tuned...hopefully I'll have more progress to share sooner rather than later.



9 comments:

  1. Such a cute photo of your son Lisa and he's right too, it must have been noisy and a little gross but it needed done definitely. Glad you guys are getting this all cleared up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I just wish renovations could be faster!

      Delete
  2. When we bought this house, we had nearly the exact same blue sink (it may very well BE the same) BUT ours was paired with a PINK tub!!! The very first "big" remodel I did when I finally could afford it was to gut that bathroom down to the studs. And, I treated myself to a whirlpool tub, which was the best money I've ever spent. Truthfully, it was only slightly more than a regular tub, and fits in the same space. I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man...blue and pink?? But the whirlpool tub sounds heavenly. I tried to convince my husband to go for one of those, but no luck!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm green with envy! I have a blue bathroom that looks similar to yours. In fact, I think we have the same sink! When my grandmother came to see my home after I purchased it.. she said about the bathroom, "I remember that color in the bathroom when I was a little girl." Yep, the bathroom is original with the house and in desperate need of a change! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cracks me up that more than one person has/had the same sink! Now if only we could get it put back together...

      Delete
  4. wow it looks so different all torn up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And even torn up, I think it's better than the nasty that was there before.

      Delete
  5. any update? and we have the same sink/bath tub combo

    ReplyDelete