Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mama always said, "If you don't have something nice to say..."

When the bulk of the feedback about your job (aka being a mom) comes from a three year old, you'll take what you can get.  While "I love yous" and kisses are wonderful, there's something even more rewarding about hearing first-hand that you're doing something well.

Somewhere along the line, Little Spaghetti picked up complimenting my outfits.  He'll tell me, "Mom, you look pretty!"  And on the rare occasions that I put on makeup, he's said things like, "Mom...your eyes!"

Then there are days when he says, "I don't like you when you wear that shirt."  Well, you can't win 'em all, can you?

I decided to see if we could expand the compliments (though hopefully not the complaints) beyond my wardrobe.  So I taught him this:

 

In case you didn't catch that, he's saying "Delizioso!" I'll make an Italian out of him yet. And hopefully there will one day be a gal in his life that appreciates all the work I'm putting into this training.

13 comments:

  1. Oldest notices these things as well. He's 12. But somehow, his "mom your eyes!" has turned into "Mom, why are you putting that junk on your face... you look like a clown."

    *sigh*

    Boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man...just what I have to look forward to. Aren't kids the best?

      Delete
  2. This is so cute Lisa, your little boy is an absolute treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that: a treasure! I'm going to have to remind myself of that when he's being a handful.

      Delete
  3. Aww, he's adorable. Love the kiss he does at the end like the Italians! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete