Monday, July 15, 2013

Try it, try it

Hello, third trimester! I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy is flying by.  On the up side, I no longer have to puke every day.  On the down side, my worst enemy is now my own stomach acid. But, only 13ish more weeks, and it'll be a baby waking me up every couple of hours at night instead of my need for tums.  That's something to look forward to, right?

It's been such a long time since I've blogged.  But I've missed it.  I think about it often.  It was my first pregnancy and early months of motherhood that inspired me to start this blog in the first place, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me that I'm feeling the urge to write again now.  For the record, though, getting pregnant to overcome writer's block is not going to work as a long-term strategy.

Life moves on.  I'm trying to cherish my moments with Little Spaghetti as an "only" child now before the baby comes.  He makes it easy, though.  He's always fun.

Last night, he found a noodle on the floor from a previous meal (I promise my house isn't really that gross).  He tried to get my husband to eat it by singing a song he learned on tv.

"Try it, try it.  You just might like it.  Try it, try it.  It's good to try something new."

"No way," said Mr. Engineer.  "I'm not eating that.  It's all old and dried out."

Little Spaghetti jumped right back into his song, "Try it, try it.  You just might like something old and dried out."

He's got a point there...


17 comments:

  1. Hey, great to hear from you! You've been missed :(

    Glad to hear you're feeling better. Wow, Baby #2 will be here before you know it. I hope the next 13 weeks fly by, with a minimal amount of stomach acid. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I have missed the blog world, too.

      Delete
  2. I think that a blog really is a great way of documenting your baby and making sure that you have a place to remember how you felt at the time, it'll be good in that aspect. Amazing that we're into the final trimester too, hope things continue to go well Lisa and that pregnancy becomes more acid free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thank you for the good wishes. Thank goodness for antacids!

      Delete
  3. OH, see in my house it would have gone something like "I'll give you five bucks if you eat this" To which my husband would reply "I'll give you ten if YOU eat it."

    And then we'd be going to have stomachs pumped. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your house sounds way fun, I'm not gonna lie.

      Delete
  4. My baby is just now sleeping through the night. I remember taking a lot of tums towards the end of my pregnancy. Glad to read your blog again and hope you will keep us posted on how you and your growing family are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the baby sleeping through the night! That's awesome.

      Delete
  5. That's too funny! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am 15 weeks along with my first and ugh, it's rough! I did really well in the beginning and now is when I'm starting to be sick a lot. Constant terrible headaches and throwing up. =[ Isn't it supposed to be getting better by now?? Maybe I'm the opposite. UGH! But I know it will be worth it. =]

    Runt
    runtspickins@yahoo.com
    www.runtspickins.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your pregnancy!! You're right, it will definitely be worth it. Hang in there.

      Delete
  6. Numero 2. Can't wait for you to share. Yep, I still visit and read you :)Enjoy each minute is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've been trying to savor it as much as I can. I don't know if this will be my last pregnancy, but I'm treating it like it will so that I don't forget to enjoy it.

      Delete