Thursday, August 8, 2013

30 Weeks

30 weeks! It hardly seems possible, little one.


Only a couple more months before I have to share you with everyone.  Sure, I complain about my achy back and my complete and total lack of energy.  I complain about obnoxiously nosy folks at the grocery store who tell me that I look like I'm ready to pop any day (For the record, they're mostly men.  And also for the record, I still have two and a half months to go.  Thanks a lot).  And I complain about the fact that I have to roll around like a turtle on its back to get up the momentum to heave myself out of bed in the mornings.

But I have some secrets to share with you, sweet baby. I love your 11 p.m. karate parties.  I love your sharp and poky parts that stab me.  I love that sometimes I feel like I can tickle your little bony toes.

I love that your brother comes up and rubs you and tells you, "I love you, belly!" He wants to teach you to read, no matter that he doesn't know how himself.  And I'm sorry if he calls you "Pete" for the rest of your life (hey, it's better than "Lassie," so we've made progress) - I promise you can call him whatever you want.  

So here we are.  Thirty weeks!  I can eat again, though every now and then I'll get a surprise dry heave out of nowhere.  I've officially gained weight - a whopping six pounds.  The heat makes us feel like we're going to die, so we do a lot of sitting on the couch.  I've been knitting and sewing up a storm of cute things for you once you get here.

I started taking pictures to document how you were growing at 14 weeks, and then promptly took none until now.  Lesson #1 about mommy: she means well, but that doesn't guarantee results! That's ok, though.

Here we were at 14 weeks:


 And here we are now!

 It's been a fun ride, jelly bean. And we're not done yet!

Love,
Your Mama

And for you, blog folks, here's a super nifty stop motion video my husband put together of the ridiculous process by which I take these weekly pictures.  It's silly.  But I like it.

12 comments:

  1. This is one of the most cutest things I've seen in such a long time Lisa, I love your shirt and you look just incredible especially with only two weeks to go. Really hope the pregnancy continues to go well, you guys are just amazing and deserve the best of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute shirt! And ... you look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad I got the shirt. It makes it more fun to document the belly.

      Delete
  3. That shirt is awesome! I can't wait to meet your little Jellybean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Me too! And I can't wait for the little one to meet all of you, too.

      Delete
  4. You look Beautiful! SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are 30 weeks and have only gained six pounds?!?!

    Runt
    runtspickins@yahoo.com
    www.runtspickins.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...well, I sort of cheated. I lost a whole bunch (like, more than ten pounds) at the beginning because I was so sick. So, I got to put all of that back on before the doctors started counting how much I'd "gained."

      Delete