Friday, August 23, 2013

It's a...

Woo hoo for a girl!

Don't get me wrong, I love my little boy.  And I love the experience of being mommy to a little boy.  But, I'm excited to try my hand at a girl. 

And, it fully justifies my crazed uterus-inspired fabric purchase from several years ago.   So that's a good thing.  

When I originally told my husband my plan for my gender reveal photos with the question mark balloon exploding into a beautiful rain of colored confetti, he was very skeptical.  Said there was no way I'd get the timing just right with the camera to actually catch the balloon popping.  But I had faith.  And it worked out.  I'm only making a slightly weird face, but I'm ok with that considering that there was a balloon popping inches from my ear. 

Anyway, that's it! The newest Baby Spaghetti will be a girl (assuming the ultrasounds aren't wrong or something).  Don't even get me started on names....that's a whole 'nother story for a different day!


6 comments:

  1. Congrats! The pictures are awesome, by the way. =)

    I only have the one boy, but my sister only has 2 girls (the 3 are all around the same age), so I saw what she went through with them. I always have said, "Thank God I had a boy!" since girls are so different. Boys seem so much easier to me. Then again, I was never a "girly girl" so I guess I just don't relate to a lot of it.

    All that being said, now that my brother had a little girl, I'm seeing things with different (older, more mature, more patient?) eyes. I can't spend enough time with my little Monkey. Now I find all the "girly" stuff so much more fun.

    I can't wait to meet Little Spaghettina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - congrats! And love the reveal pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lisa, I love these photos, your bump is so cute and I'm so excited to hear all about your daughter, it's the perfect balance that you have one boy and one girl, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved doing a gender reveal party - LOVE YOUR PICTURES!!! And I'm thrilled for you! A little girl- awwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn I was wrong - ha! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea- love all the fun gender reveals!

    ReplyDelete