Friday, September 6, 2013

Apparently my uterus is a toy factory

Every time we go to the store to pick something up, Little Spaghetti wants to browse the toy aisles.  It makes for a good bribe to get him to behave while we're getting everything else we need.

A few weeks ago, he was really interested in dinosaurs, so we checked out the (insanely expensive!) plastic models on one of the end caps.  (Seriously, these must be collector's items or something.  I was expecting plastic dinosaurs to cost no more than $2).

Anyway, he really wanted the biggest green T-Rex.  It's jaw moves so it can bite the other dinosaurs in your collection.  Super awesome.  But it cost twenty. seven. dollars.  So, I said to him, "I hear that your little sister wants to get you something very special when she's born.  Maybe she can think about getting that T-Rex.  But remember, she won't be here for two more months.  That's a long time."

We'd always intended to have the baby "give" him a present when he comes to meet her in the hospital.  I've heard it wins over the older sibling pretty quickly.  And if ever there was a reason to spend almost thirty dollars on a plastic dinosaur, I figured sibling bonding was it.

So, the other day, he said to me, "Mom, baby sister talked to me.  She told me she's thinking about the green T-Rex.  She's working really hard on making it in there."


There you have it, folks: Either my uterus is a toy factory or Baby Sister is one of Santa's toy-making elves. Either way, I hope the big, green T-Rex is everything it's cracked up to be.  (And thank goodness that I don't actually have to get it out of my uterus in addition to the baby that's getting bigger in there every day).


9 comments:

  1. I was going to ask you what sort of toys Little Spaghetti was in to lately, since I want to get him something for after the baby's born as well. Dinosaurs seem like a good way to go! It looks like baby sis is a very good toymaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO - I LOVE what he said. OMG, that was too funny. But really cool idea to have the newborn have a "gift" for the sibling. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a good rest of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! That's too cute!
    The other day Hubs put his head down on my belly to see if he could hear anything in there (I know, weirdo) and Peanut kicked him in the head! Ha!

    Runt
    runtspickins@yahoo.com
    www.runtspickins.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant post that made me grin all the way around.

    Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable, just like Lass I'm currently grinning about it, hope the pregnancy is going great!

    ReplyDelete