Thursday, February 13, 2014

Last-minute Valentines {Free Printables}

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you get to spend it with someone you love. Or at least a good bottle of wine (or beer...that would be my choice).

When I posted our valentines from last year on Pinterest, some very clever person commented that the tags would be cute with some fuzzy socks. And, by golly, they are! Talk about a quick and easy last-minute valentine gift.


To get the free printable file, click here.

That brings us to Little Spaghetti's valentines from this year. He wanted to give away something with a face after last year's warm fuzzies.  So, we made pet rocks.


They are fun and easy, and all his little friends loved them as much as he loved giving them out. 

I was going to make a tutorial, but honestly, they are pretty self-explanatory. Glue some heart-shaped jewels to some rocks and draw a smile with a black sharpie.  Except for one very important lesson that I learned:


Hot glue - apparently - does not stick to rocks. At least not my rocks.  I originally was going to use googly eyes and then use the heart jewel stickers for noses, but when I tried to use the hot glue gun to attach the pieces, they just did not stick. I have no idea why that would be, but I tried several rocks with no more luck. 

So I abandoned the hot glue and had to use super glue (at which point Little Spaghetti was very upset that he was not allowed to help, but I was not about to let my three year old anywhere near super glue.  Even the thought of him in the same room as a tube of super glue sort of terrifies me.)

Anyway, there they are. And, just for the record, we at the Spaghetti household think you rock! Enjoy your February 14th.  Oh, and if you want to make your own valentine pet rock, you can get the free printable here:







3 comments: